Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Blog Entry #2

The purpose of this blog is to review the last part of a series of works we did for our first project. We were to juxtapose circular, linear, and rectangular elements into a composition. Another thing we were to take in account was the importance of dominance in size of the objects we were using to represent the geometric shapes. When looking for the objects I was going to use for my design, I realized that I had found many household objects that could be used to represent my shapes. Though I had a theme going on, there was no real connection with them. They did not tell a story or make any statements; the images were just random objects that fit the criteria. Another thing we had to take in account was not only dominance in the positive space the images take up, but the negative space as well. That seemed like a difficult thing because we had to use fifteen images total, and that makes it hard to make both a definite dominant positive and negative space. In my composition I did not seem to do well with playing around with the negative space and crammed most of my images together, only keeping in mind that I was to have dominant, accentual, and subordinate images. I forgot all about the negative space in the composition. Doing that did not really create a good balance for my work, but doing the project taught me to pay attention to the negative space and symmetry is not particularly a good thing to have in the work.

No comments: